Guest Post

Santa Vs. The Ailing Stepmother

6:53 PM

Authored by Leandro Delgado

I'm not sure how we're going to get to see Santa this year. My kids have been asking me about it every day, but my stepmother has been very ill and that will take priority. My kids are also concerned for her health and they know that it is more important than anything else at this time. However, I think taking them to see Santa might get their minds off things for a while.

I have never been in this situation before, so I'm not sure what to do. We will only have a limited amount of time to see Santa during the holidays. We're going to see Nana in the hospital in Florida. If we leave for a while to see Santa, it could be a nice breather, but would that be like abandoning someone who desires company? What if something happens while we're gone?

Here is a potential game plan. We will leave our vacation home in Florida earlier one morning several days before Christmas. Once we set our home Securityy alarm, we will shoot over to the mall for a quick visit with Santa. This will put the kids in a good mood, which might put Nana in a good mood. She might be offended that we didn't go to see her first, but I'm going to roll the dice and tell her we went to see him. If she truly cares about the happiness of the kids, she will be pleased.

You Might Also Like

0 chatters

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook